1) I like to take my motorcycle for a cruise around Sloan’s Lake. You get the view of Denver’s sky scrapers to the East and the mountains to the West. I will stop at my favorite drinking spots in the neighborhood of Edgewater.
2) If you’re in the mood for a cheeseburger then you have to try “Sloan’s” bar for a never frozen, fresh ground beef cheeseburger. I order, at an extra cost, blue-cheese, bacon, and a sunny-side-up fried egg to make for a sloppy burger. But to make things even sloppier I have to have my side of mayo. I use the mayo for my french fries. That should hit-the-spot. Don’t let the Edgewater police station across the street bother you. I have never heard of anyone getting pulled over for drinking and driving by the Edgewater police, but I would not jump on my motorcycle if an officer came out of the police station and jumped into a cop car.
3) If you like in-expensive beer drinking then you have to try “GB Fish and Chips” on Sherman Boulevard. This place has good homemade British food, meat pies, banger’s and mash, and fish and chips. I was originally drawn to this place for its beautiful view of Sloan’s Lake with downtown Denver sky-scrapers in the back-ground. I soon found out that they had a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon for $1 per-can. Not my first choice of beer but for the price I will hang-out and see what the view offers. After frequenting this establishment for two years and many servings of fish and chips later, I saw the cooks making home-made foods from scratch. I eventually tried most of the foods on the menu, later than sooner, due to my rut of eating the same things out of habit.
4) If you like Italian then you have to try the “Deli Italia”. All things Italian are good. This place has sandwiches, pasta, and pizza and that’s just where it starts. Bob is one of the owners and tell him Jay Hidoshi sent you. This place can be found just a spit away from Sloan’s Lake at the intersection of Wadsworth and west 20th avenue.
5) Just ten blocks away from Sloan’s Lake is the “New Saigon” Vietnamese” restaurant at the intersection of Federal Boulevard and West Gill place.
6) If you want a massage then I recommend the Korean massage over all others in the Denver, metro area.
7) If you’re searching for good real estate buys then my advice would be to pick a desired location and walk it on foot. This can give you a better feel for an area and talk to people in the neighborhoods of desired areas. Only talk if your stomach says your getting correct info, because some neighbors can be mis-leading.
8) I love to hang at my medical marijuana farm. I really don’t like to go to other marijuana farms because you just don’t know if there’s spider mites or mold spores present. These could get on your clothes and be brought back to a clean farm.
9) I love Australian Shepherds. I like to call my friends that have Australian Shepherds and see if me and my dog can come over and play.
10) No more skiing for this old guy. I’m lucky to be walking and talking after the motorcycle accidents I’ve had and not to mention too many years in construction.
I have been a resident of Colorado for 36 years. I’m a former owner of a Denver dispensary. The dispensary sold for my retirement.
My book, titled “Colorado Marijuana Real Estate” is a how-to-guide for the entrepreneur and the blue-collar guy. This book provides a blueprint for starting a medical marijuana business plan.
Download the eBook for FREE: http://www.coloradomjrealestate.com